Dec 30, 2012

Status report after Christmas

Movie

My three years old son had never been in cinema, but last week we went to watch a movie, The Rise of the Guardians. He and my daughter enjoyed very much the show, however I had small problems with it.
1. The Rise of the Guardians is for Americans. Some of the 'heroes' are mostly unknown or uncommon (Jack Frost, Sandman, Tooth fairy) for the Hungarians. Santa Claus visit the children in 6th of December, not Chrismas Eve (then a baby Christ coming with the presents).
2. The story was in the usual frame/template. We got almost nothing new, we got the well-know storyline with supriseless twists.
In spite of these this movie was fun, not just the kids, but for me as well.

Film

During my long winter holiday (I have been home from 14th December... with the children.) I have time to watching films. I deceided to rewatch a great classic from my childhood, The Masters of the Universe. I had good memories when I first saw the adventures of He-Man. That was the day when I got my first Kinder Suprise! I remember how angry I was when the guests arrived and I had to cancel to watch that film...

The rewatch of The Masters of the Universe was shocking. The storyline, the costumes, the acting were ridiculus, but I still loved it. It was a little bit strange with complete dubbing, because first I watched one-man-dubbing on terrible monoton tune, with many missed or untranslated sentences.

I watched other films too (Mirror Mirror, The Dictator, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, etc) , but I don't want to blogging about them.

Series

I finished with the 4th season of Fringe, and I started to watch Farscape (with the children) and Lost (with my wife). Fortunatelly my wife and me both hate the Christmast movies on tv, so we quickly finished the first season of Lost.

Books

I won a short-story/novel collection with 10 writtings from a Hungarian publisher. It wasn't bad, but I wasn't fully satisfied with it. Somehow my favourite writtings from the 10 haven't won any awards, while the others yes.
I loved the story about the local superheroes in the Budapest's city steampunk version. The sour end of the novel - unfortunatelly - trully reflect the real Hungarian people.





Boardgames

Luckily the baby Christ was very generous this Christmas. We received a ton of games: Tales of the Arabian Nights, Arkham Horror.
And children got the followings:  ZoolorettoPiranhasBuckarooJack der KrähenschreckChâteau Roquefort

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm American, and something just looks odd about Rise of the Guardians. I'll eventually watch it on NetFlix.
I was an adult when Masters of the Universe came out. I do remember it was cheesy. Never been a fan of dubbed movies. I prefer subtitles so I can hear the original actors say their lines. I may not know what they say, the the inflection is what's important.

ediFanoB said...

Christmas has not been joyful for me and my wife. Instead of talking we coughed and sneezed.

I remember I saw a trailer of The Rise of the Guardians.

In Germany Santa Claus visit the children on 6th of December like in Hungary. But we know the Tooth fairy and the Sandman.
we did not see the film in cinema.

I must say I have never been interested in the Masters of the Universe.

I don't know in which season my wife and I stopped to watch Fringe.

Since I'm interested in sewing I watch less television and also play less games.

Anyway it seems especially your children have had a great time. I can tell you from my experience that they will remember such periods.

On second of January I return to work. Before I want to end 2012 with two reviews.

I wish you and your beloved ones a Happy New Year.

May 2013 deliver health, luck, joy and time for reading.

RaveAir said...

@Alex: In the '80s we had mostly got the movie films on VHS. Many of them came from (West-)Germany throught the famous iron curtain. We were happy to can watch these films (on German or one-man-dubbed version on Hungarian language). Unfortunatelly we had to learn Russian language at school...

@ediFanoB: We had the different sympthoms and of course not the same time.

Unfortunatelly I played also less games. I really wanted to play with the Icewind dale PC game during my holiday, but I just installed to my computer without any played minutes. It's sad...

I have to go work 2nd January too. I had to work 1 or 2 days from home during my holiday (the Virtual Desktop Interface is a great invetion). Because I work at financial division the beginning and the ends of the months are always busy.

Anonymous said...

Style is apparently various for anyone, however some people continue to often establish the rate. Have you ever wondered the way you could method design in a whole new light-weight. The net is a great source for you within this time period of need to have. Consider the adhering to tips concerning style.

If you would like dress in denims which may have a type-fitting look but you will not want to sense constrained by tight denim, acquire some who have Lycra within them.[url=http://www.ukuggboots-4news.co.uk]bailey button ugg boots uk[/url] These jeans gives you the limited suit you want with enough stretch available to you to truly feel rather cozy.

An excellent fashion idea is to begin getting clothes which can be slim appropriate yet not too small.[url=http://www.ukuggboots-4news.co.uk]ugg boots uk sale[/url] Wearing loose as well as over-measured clothing may help you feel cozy, but you'll seem rather foolish. Thinner fitted clothes are considerably more appealing. They appear very good even on people that can be a tad heavy.

There are trend ideas that appear somewhat classic in general that you could usually report details with.[url=http://www.ukuggboots-4news.co.uk]discount ugg boots uk[/url] For instance, belts that be noticeable and communicate out are a part of fashion in every single period of time. Also, the vintage black color skirt is always a winner also, so attempt those two tips out jointly!

Ensure that you do not use a jean best with jean bottoms. This is a trashy seem which get you noticed in the most awful approaches.[url=http://www.ukuggboots-4news.co.uk]cheap ugg boots uk[/url] If you are looking to be the ruler or princess of trend, it is crucial that you never match denims having a jean leading.

You might not feel so, but style is approximately maintaining an open brain and enabling your self to figure out a greater portion of who you really are. There are lots of valuable assets to help you read more about design. Keep in mind the advice you've go through in this article while you job the right path in the direction of better fashion.[url=http://www.ukuggboots-4news.co.uk]sale ugg boots uk[/url]

Anonymous said...

What did you think of Lost? My wife and I were hooked on that show, but it didn't really go where we'd hoped it would.

Ciara said...

It was so nice to meet you today on my blog. Thanks for stopping by.